Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
(Fixed URLs for Rosenbaum)
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
[[image:jonathan-rosenbaum.jpg|thumb|100px|caption|Jonathan Rosenbaum|left]]If you haven't read '''Jonathan Rosenbaum's''' excellent and insightful [http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.
[[image:jonathan-rosenbaum.jpg|thumb|100px|caption|Jonathan Rosenbaum|left]]If you haven't read '''Jonathan Rosenbaum's''' excellent and insightful [http://www.jonathanrosenbaum./ essay on ''Vineland''],"Pynchon's Prayer," originally published in 1990 in the [http://www.chicagoreader.com/ ''Chicago Reader''], now's your opportunity. It's available on [http://www.jonathanrosenbaum./ his blog]. "A superb yet not entirely convincing entertainment, ''Vineland'' tries to find some rays of hope in a hopeless period by positing a fearless and resourceful but otherwise unexceptional 14-year-old and her half-buried leftist family history as our last bastion of strength against encroaching fascism."
Revision as of 13:35, 25 May 2015
To become a contributor/editor, Create an account.
The Vineland Wiki
The page-by-page annotation section has been seriously kick-started with the incorporation of the "Babies of Wackiness" A Reader's Guide to Thomas Pynchon's Vineland, thanks to the site's proprietors, John Diebold and Michael Goodwin. Their site still has excellent and insightful summaries of each chapter, but we've incorporated the page-by-page commentary. This wiki is Virgin Territory. Be the first on your block to amaze the world with your perspicacity!
How to Use this Wiki
The Spoiler-Free Annotations by Page allows the reader to look up and contribute allusions and references while reading the book, in a convenient and spoiler-free manner.
Apart from that, it's up to you.
Page by Page Annotations
An alternate form of commentary on the text. The guiding principle of these annotations is to remain spoiler-free, so that readers can follow along without the fear that later parts of the book will be revealed. The proprietors of Babies of Wackiness, John Diebold and Michael Goodwin, graciously allowed us to incorporate their Reader's Guide to Vineland as a starting point for this section. SPOILER ALERT!!! Many of the spoilers from the Reader's Guide are still in the page-by-page annotations. See the talk page.
Pynchon Wiki Help and Contributor Guidelines
We have a few conventions we ask that you follow:
- When creating a new page, first check to make sure a page/article about what you want to write about hasn't already been created, by checking the list of all Wiki pages on the Vineland wiki. If a page already exists, please modify that one.
- To open a discussion on an individual listing of the Alpha Index or Page by Page Annotations, give it a name that identifies the alpha listing (eg [[Discussion Subject|'''DISCUSSION''']]) and notice that the visible name will be "DISCUSSION" in bold and full caps, so it stands out a bit.
- "The Spores of Paranoia" - Jonathan Rosenbaum
- Babies of Wackiness - A Reader's Guide to Vineland
- The Modern Word Pynchon page